VMware Horizon Community
Joxster
Contributor
Contributor

Users Failing To Login to Desktop

Hi there,

Every now and then we have users that first thing in the morning can't login to there desktop and get the normal message that there desktop is not available. The normal way to fix this is to restart there virtual servers via vSphere clinet or View Admin Webpage.

Now this seems to happen when certain users log off at the end of the day it doesn't always happen but maybe 2 days in a row then nothing for a while.. very strange indeed... All are desktops are allocated to a certain user, has anyone come across this problem before and if so how did you resolve it? It's as if the View Agent on the client looses connection to the View Server?...

We are currently runing view 4.0 as well if that helps..

Thanks for any information..

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mikebarnett
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

When this occurs do you check the status of the desktops from the console in VC? If so, what state do you see the VM in there?

This usually happens when something either holds up the logoff process or when the View Agent dies for some reason.

-Mike

Twitter: @MikeBarnett_
0 Kudos
Joxster
Contributor
Contributor

Normally when this happens and I check it via the console I see a normal Windows Press CTRL + ALT + DEL to login box. However the client can't connect, when I reboot the Virtual Machine the user can connect perfectly well and carry on...

If the View Agent is at fault are there any logs to look out for or and way to restart the server every day just in case :)...

0 Kudos