VMware Horizon Community
rpmello
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Userinit in 3.1.1/3.1.2 Agent and App-V

Has anyone run into the madness that is moving from 3.0.1 to 3.1.1/3.1.2 and the userinit registry entry yet?

In 3.0.1 the VM would report back to the broker without needing an entry in userinit. In 3.1.1 it seems an entry in userinit for "C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware View\Agent\bin\wssm.exe" is required. That goes along with the normal userinit.exe, and using App-V we also have their userinit entry of "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\sftdcc.exe"

So what's the right way to go about this? Do I have to set it up so that every machine has a userinit value of

C:\Windows\system32\userinit.exe,"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\sftdcc.exe", "C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware View\Agent\bin\wssm.exe" ?

Will that even work?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mrben
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same sort of problem, and I've put the workaround (that worked for me) in a post called "View agent 3.1 and Softricity 4.2.2.15 on XP-32 SP3 (for some reason I cant copy the link)..

Yes wssm.exe needs to be part of userinit or needs to be called to run at startup/logon by something else in winlogon. I think (I havet look at it in a while) if you look at Winlogon in the Registry you'll find and entry for wssm.exe and it may not be under userinit..

I ended up resorting to using autoruns from the sysinternals website to see exactly what was going on and then I worked it out.

0 Kudos