VMware Horizon Community
bmurray2
Contributor
Contributor

User unable to login

Horizon 7.13; vSphere 6.7.  Starting a few days ago,  We have a user who can log in over Ethernet in network to his physical workstation with no trouble.  Remote, using a current Horizon client (unsure of the exact version) is facing the following error attempting to log in to any of his entitled linked clone pools in Horizon client:  

"The Group Policy Client service failed the sign-in.  Access is denied."

Per suggestion from our domain admins, we have dis and re-enabled his AD account, moved it from OU to OU and back again; I deleted his roaming profile to enable creation of a fresh one, ensured "use as current user" in Horizon client is not enabled.  We have entitled him directly to his main pool in case it was a nested security group issue, had him try HTML over PCOIP.  All to no avail.

What are we missing?  There are no stuck sessions for the user or currentl problem vCenter VM's in Horizon View.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
fabio1975
Commander
Commander

Ciao 

In summary, if you connect to your physical workstation (always with the user in roaming profile) there are no problems. On the other hand, if you use VDI with Horizon, the problem arises. Correct?

Do you use FSXlogic?

It would seem more a problem of the Guest OS than of Horizon (looking on the community and on the Microsoft forum it is recurring as a possible solution is the modification of some registry keys and the removal of the local profile).

Here are some links to the solution I found (maybe you have already tried them) :

Windows Virtual Desktop – The Group Policy Client Service failed the sign-in. Access is denied. – Wi...

AVD/WVD – The Group Policy Client service failed the sign-in. Access is denied – Azvise

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog
If you're satisfied give me a kudos

bmurray2
Contributor
Contributor

On physical workstations we use local, not roaming profiles and no folder redirects.  And we don't use FSLogic.  These are linked clone machines set to delete on sign out, the machines don't persist.  It acts like the user has a stuck session somewhere, but Horizon doesn't report it.

You get a kudo for trying anyway!  Thank you!

0 Kudos