VMware Horizon Community
Thomas_Hume
Contributor
Contributor

User's Data Disk

Hi,

I have a persistent pool of desktops that have their user disk stored on the same datastore as the OS disk. What I want to do is move the user data disk to different datastore while preserving the user’s data. I tried doing this in the view composer but the option is greyed out - see image below

Can anyone suggest how I can do this without destroying the pool and recreating it?

Regards,

Thomas

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

There are significant flexibility enhancements with VMware View 4.5 and user data disk if you can wait that long.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
eeg3
Commander
Commander

mittim12, do you know what kind of enhancements can we expect? I'm very interested, as well! This is an issue we have ran into as well.

Blog: http://blog.eeg3.net
0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

In 4.5 you have the ability to manipulate the UDD through the Admin tool. I believe the specifics are detach and attach the user UDD.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
Thomas_Hume
Contributor
Contributor

So, at the moment i have no option but to wait for V4.5? Surely there must be a way to move the user data disk to another datastore.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

I'm sure it's feasible but would more than likely require you to modify the ADAM database to relink the UDD with the appropriate VM. I think View 4.5 is going to be available for download this week or next so it's not a long wait.

0 Kudos