VMware Horizon Community
jlivingston
Contributor
Contributor

User on Thin client gets "Unknown Username or bad password" intermittent

I have one specific user who gets "Unknown Username or bad password" for her windows account on a Wyse P25. One work around we found is after her failed login attempt, I login with my domain admin account and sign off. She can then login with no problem. The View Composer server that sign's on for the Windows users has logs in event viewer as "Audit Failure, sub status 0xc0000064" which I believe the code translates to "username does not exist". I find this odd obviously because she has an account and she can sign on sometimes. Does anyone have any ideas?

Side notes:

She is often signed on a physical machine but locks this computer before trying to sign in any where else. She has tried signing off completely, but we still see the same error. Also we thought that since it saves usernames, that it might be saving some kind of credentials (hence me signing in and off) but she has tried logging onto other thin clients that she hadn't signed on before but still got the error.  The VM pool is based off of a Win7 machine in a Windows 2008r2 domain. No other user has this problem, but no other user signs on multiple locations like she does.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DukeR
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

We are running several Linux based machines and we are facing the same issue. They are able to login from a Windows machine with VMware View Client but not from a Linux machine.

Bad username or password! We are 100 sure that we are typing in the right one due to we check the password in the username field (cleartext).

Any idea?

Based on this post it seems that view composer is responsible for assigning sessions to VMs, is that true?

Best regards and thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos