VMware Horizon Community
gvenkatsumanth
Contributor
Contributor

User having two connected sessions in view 4.6

Hi,

We have view 4.6 in our environment. And we have automated floating pool. In the pool settings we have selected no multiple sessions for user.

But some odd users are having two connected sessions from the same pool. How can I resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
14 Replies
kgsivan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Are you using PCoIP protocol ?

Log off after 'x' minutes can be used to ensure idle sessions are not left out for long time.

0 Kudos
gvenkatsumanth
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, we are using pcoip protocol to connect to the desktops.

And desktops will be refreshed immediately once the user logoff from the session.

But how a user is having two connected sessions from the same pool?

0 Kudos
gvenkatsumanth
Contributor
Contributor

Please find the attached document for the pool settings we are using currently.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Is it the same users over and over?  Is the initial session hung and non responsive if they were to try to RDP into that it?

0 Kudos
gvenkatsumanth
Contributor
Contributor

Not particular users, Random users are facing this problem. And they are not reporting any VM performance issues.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

I'm curious if they can login to the original session too.   Maybe View isn't reconecting to the old session because the machine is locked up or something.   can you RDP into the old session?  

0 Kudos
gvenkatsumanth
Contributor
Contributor

RDP is not enabled on these machines.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Ok, how about accessing it from a vCenter console.    The point is to simply get a feel for the health of the machine and hopefully discover a reason why View didn't auto reconnect to it. 

0 Kudos
gvenkatsumanth
Contributor
Contributor

Not able to access that particular machine from vCenter console, as it is in connected state.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Anyway to enable RDP just for the purpose of testing?  I would also review the agent logs to see if you can get any information from there.

0 Kudos
gvenkatsumanth
Contributor
Contributor

Collecte the agent logs and sent it to the support team. And they said everything is fine from the logs.

0 Kudos
jkpk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Venkat,

Delete the particular user from AD after saving his roaming profile if it is linked-clone environment. Create the same user from copying from another user which belongs to the same environment and try connecting to 2 sessions. You cannot do this for all the user's, but in a large environment with 1000+ users are there. You can give it a try for 2 or 3 users and then you can do the same for user's who gets 2 sessions.

Roaming Profiles have to be updated with the lastest changes to the remote repository before the user logs into another machine. When the roaming profile has some misconfiguration with particular user(s), they can get another session with profile v2 of the same user.

Pravin

0 Kudos
abirhasan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You can try this two options.

1)Lock the session and logon to some other thinclient.

2)Disconnect or reset the session and connect again.

abirhasan 
0 Kudos
BWindmeyer
Contributor
Contributor

We had a similar issue, and it turned out that one of the connections (almost always the first one) was managing to connect to the console of the VM, and not strictly a PCoIP session.  This was shown if you list connections by session and look at the "Display Protocol" column.  It would state "console" instead of "PCoIP."

This started after we attempted to install Trend Micro's Deep Security, and was resolved after we uninstalled it and built a new pool. 

So, I don't know if I can offer a fix, but if users are connecting to the console sometimes, it may be a path worth checking out.

0 Kudos