VMware Horizon Community
psplnalin123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

User connected to its Virtual Desktop but Able to see the Virtual Desktop Screen from vCenter Console

There is a strange issue not sure what is the problem. Exactly one of my user as usual connected to its virtual desktop using View Client suppose VM1 when i login to vCenter and go to VM1 and then go to console i was able to see the User Desktop's what all activity he was doing i was able to see all.

Normally I have seen if the users are connected to its virtual desktop then from vCenter we will see black screen for that particular desktop.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

There is a registry edit you can  make on the PC that allows you to see the console from within vCenter.    check out the blog post located here, http://www.thatsmyview.net/2011/04/29/using-the-vcenter-console-for-mirroring-a-pcoip-session/.   

0 Kudos
psplnalin123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Its fine mittam blog educate me if i want a see the user console from View as well as from vCenter.

But the problem is for few users I am able to see the desktops from vCenter but the users are login through View Client

and for other users which are on the same pool getting a black screen in vCenter

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

I think was Mittim is trying to say is that you should check that registry key on the specific desktop to make sure its not set.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Thanks Linjo that is exactly what I meant. 

0 Kudos
psplnalin123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks mittim but

You’ll find that key at: HKLM\SOFTWARE\VMware, Inc.\VMware SVGA DevTap\NoBlankOnAttach : DWORD: 1

I am not able to see above variable VMware SVGA.

I understand your answer earlier also but as i said in my earlier comment one pool which is having 100 Desktops deployed from one golden image but for few VDI users which are connected to View Client able to see the screen from vCenter also. Then i dont think we need to change any settings for that

0 Kudos