VMware Horizon Community
ibitebcareful
Contributor
Contributor

User Login - Looks as if CTRL + ALT + DEL was pressed.

Hello Everyone,

I have a strange issue I'd like to see if anyone can help me with.  Here is the scenario described as briefly as possible.  All of my users are on LG Zero Clients Monitors.  The Monitors are configured to connect to my View Connection Server.  All guest OS are Windows 7 32 Bit running View Horizon 5.2. All are linked clones from a single master. I have disabled the requirement to press CTRL+ALT+DEL in group policy.  So when they come into the office in the morning, they are presented with the Zero Clients Username and Password Screen which is then passed to Windows.  Once they log in, They are sitting on a screen that looks as if CTRL + ALT + DEL was pressed.  It's the screen that comes up when you press ctrl alt del that has a list

Lock This Computer

Log Off

Change Password

Start Task Manager

Cancel.

So they have to Hit Cancel every time they log in.  This also happens if they lock their computer and come back later.  They are presented with a clickable windows icon that contains the username of the person logged on.  They click (or hit enter) on that icon and they are then presented with the WINDOWS Username and Password Screen.  They enter their credentials and then windows opens but it opens to that same screen as if CTRL ALT DEL was pressed.

Any idea why this is happening?

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This is one possible reason - http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1026797 - let us know as there are other reasons too.

Mark

BuzzBourque
Contributor
Contributor

I had a similar issue. When I re-connected to a logged on vm, I had the CTRL ALT DEL options and had to press cancel to get to the desktop but if I logged off then connected again I got directly to the desktop.

I also had CTRL ALT DEL disabled through Group Policy so I decided to disable the setting and test. Now I always go directly to the desktop.

ibitebcareful
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you both for responding.  I know it has been a long time since I asked this question.  For some reason I missed these reply's.  Anyway.  I know WHY this is happening and you're both correct.  It is because I have require CTRL + ALT + DEL turned off.  I did this on purpose because with it enabled, there is a different annoying screen that makes you click your user icon to launch your session.  I want NEITHER.  I want to sign into my zero client then be presented with the Windows 7 desktop of that user immediately following the login.  Does anyone know if this can be accomplished?

0 Kudos