VMware Horizon Community
IT_Men
Contributor
Contributor

Use predefined smart card Security module

Hello everyone i have a problem with HP t640 thin client.On HP t640 VMware Horizon View Client version is 2203-8.5.0

When I right click on VMware Horizon View client on Network tab I choose Use predefined smart card there is a Security module option

When i choose Use predefined smart card.Then I try to open VMware Horizon View client the window show the security module does not exist.On previous version VMware there is no Security module option.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
hongshengl
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

hi IT_Men,

Could you please tell me the installed OS on your HP t640?

It looks like you want to use "predefined smart card" to do authentication work, which means the local device certificates installed on your System. am I right?

Could you please also share the screen shot/record of when the unexpected dialog popup?

thanks.

0 Kudos
FelixYan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Use predefined smart card is the option from HP thin client but not Horizon Client. Horizon Linux Client 2203 did the architecture changes. I think you can reach HP side to aware the issue and see whether they have done the integration testing with Horizon 2203.

Use predefined smart card: The connection is expected to be used with a smart card for authentication.

0 Kudos
IT_Men
Contributor
Contributor

OS verion is thinpro7.2-sp 10.3 on HP t640 thin client.Yes I have already installed Root and Personal Certificate on HP t640 thin client

0 Kudos
hongshengl
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thanks for your clarification and the HP thinpro 7.2 is a kind of lightweight, high secure Linux-based OS which can keep your workforce safe and efficient. You mentioned that there has a "Security module option", does it mean the Preference settings under "File" table button of Horizon VIew Client or something else? If possible, could you please add a screenshot to indicate what's the "Security module option"?
0 Kudos