VMware Horizon Community
vDeepak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Urgent :The desktop currently has no desktop sources

Although i know there are large no. of post already floating over same issue , but am having no luck so far.

I am getting below error message when trying to connect desktop by vmware view client 4:

"the desktop currently has no desktop sources............. "

My configuration is listed below:

1. using view manager server over VM box.

2. successully deployed 10 desktop VM over View manager and they are persistent mode.

3. previoulsy few users were able to coonect to these desktops successfully

4. under desktop sources i am getting "Domain name\user ID" and under status its showing "Ready"

So when any other user who is authenticated trying to access desktop getting above mentioned error message.

The other users are unique one who previously never logged in.

Please help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TShoun
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Okay, that is a different problem. So what you are saying is that you have 10 desktops, 10 users connect and can reconnect, but no new users can?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 Replies
vDeepak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Also i tried to rebooth the VM desktops assuming they might be locked by another user , but still am getting the same error message.

Please help.

0 Kudos
vDeepak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Any updates please ???

0 Kudos
TShoun
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

There are a few things that I are needed to completely understand your situation.

1) What version of View are you running?

2) You stated that they are persistant, but what type of pool?

3) What is the client OS? What Service Packs?

0 Kudos
vDeepak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

1) What version of View are you running? -

vmware view 4.0

2) You stated that they are persistant, but what type of pool? -

Automated Pool

3) What is the client OS? What Service Packs?----

win XP prof. version 2002 Service pack 3.

Please help me out ASAP.

0 Kudos
TShoun
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Are the View composer created vm's or statically created?

0 Kudos
vDeepak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

i am not sure about them , but i think they are created one as we have these Vm over one of our VC server

0 Kudos
TShoun
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

So are they linked clone?

0 Kudos
vDeepak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

yes they are.

0 Kudos
TShoun
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

What you might want to try to do then is go into the template vm used in the linked pool. Remove the View client (uninstall), reboot then install an updated rdp client (current version is rdp 7, google rdp 7 client for xp) then reboot again. Reinstall the View client (note that version 4.0.1) for View is out now. Shutdown and snapshot the template now. Next, go into the View Manager, click on the pool you are working with, click edit image and do a refresh or recompose (depending if you want to keep any users data there), selecting the snapshot you just took. Wait for the operation to complete and then try.

0 Kudos
TShoun
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Also edit the boot.ini file, changing the "optin" to "Alwaysoff" before taking that snapshot.

0 Kudos
vDeepak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

still no luck after trying this.

May i know the reason why we are doing the step mentioend by you..

basically the issue is : only users who first logged in were able to connect again , but new users are not able to connect .

Also when checking the desktop sources and user then only those users are showing who were previoulsy sucessfully connected.

0 Kudos
TShoun
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Okay, that is a different problem. So what you are saying is that you have 10 desktops, 10 users connect and can reconnect, but no new users can?

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Is your pool big enough for the amount of users you want to have access?

Best regards,

Linjo

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
dquintana
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Take care about this,

Only one user can be logged in the VM, if the user A is logged, then get out but he does not log off the machine, no other user can access to this machine until user A do a logoff or a admin logoff the sesion or the vm was configured to automaticallly logoff.

This is the reason.

Regards/Saludos

Por favor no olvides calificar las respuestas que te resultaron de ayuda o fueron correctas.

Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers.

Ing. Diego Quintana

VCP 410- VCP 310 - VAC - VTSP

My Linkedin Profile

Join to Virtualizacion en Español group in Likedin

!http://feeds.feedburner.com/WetcomGroup.1.gif!

Ing. Diego Quintana - VMware Communities Moderator - Co Founder & CEO at Wetcom Group - vEXPERT From 2010 to 2020- VCP, VSP, VTSP, VAC - Twitter: @daquintana - Blog: http://www.wetcom.com-blog & http://www.diegoquintana.net - Enjoy the vmware communities !!!

0 Kudos
vDeepak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Issue fiexed now.

The issue was with my pool size..it was just the same as no. of users were trying to access it. Thats why no new users are able to access it as my pool was persistent and that means unique desktop to unique user.

Anywaz..Tshoun saved my day.

Thanks

0 Kudos