VMware Horizon Community
johnhu866
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Urgent Help!!! one of my client meets - "the view agent reports that this desktop source is unable to accept connections"

Dear all,

one of my staff said she could not connect her desktop vm22 and the view client said "the view agent reports that this desktop source is unable to accept connections". my view administrator displays that “the pending session on machine xx for user xxx has been expired ” . but i then assigned another user to the same desktop, everything looks fine.

background:

1. I am using view 6.0.   

2. This user used to assigned another desktop vm06. it took a long long time (more than 30 minutes) to login (agent set not delete local persona) , This Morning when she tried to connect(already logged in before, here just reconnect),  she got "there is no available gateway for this display protocol". So i assigned her to another desktop vm22

Is there something wrong with this user account or something else. Need your help!!! Thanks in advance!

79 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

You should investigate the logs on the VDI:s, they probably give more information about the error.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
johnhu866
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Linjo,

I tested again and got some thing from view administrator. It took 16 minutes to login because "Agent_Err_Request_Overlap"  any idea about this?

0 Kudos
jbend
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys!

Have you had any luck with this problem? I've got a user with the same problem. Log on connectionserver says "BROKER_MACHINE_NOT_READY" and "AGENT_ERR_REQUEST_OVERLAP". It took her 2 hours and 45 min before logon today. Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
beutlern
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

check the vdm log on c:\programdata\vmware\vdm\pcoip_server.log and debug.log in the same folder and post it here.

0 Kudos
screenbert
Contributor
Contributor

I had this issue after updating our image from using Symantec to Trend. I don't know that caused it, but I've rolled back for now. I did grab the logs from a system that it happened on. The debug logs says this:

<MessageFrameWorkDispatch> [wsnm_desktop] startSession refused as a previous request is in the process of being logged in for sessionId=1

We received this alert when they logged in:

Unable to launch from Pool <SNIP> for user <SNIP>: Machine null is not ready to accept connections

Attributes:

Source=com.vmware.vdi.sessionclientapi.FarmImp

AgentErrorCode=AGENT_ERR_REQUEST_OVERLAP

Users reporting getting a black background and the VM freezing. I don't know at what point this happened yet, but the screenshot has  no icons, start menu etc, but does show Windows Task Manager as not responding.

0 Kudos
brickleberry
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am also having this issue.

are these issues related? : Horizon 6.1.1 Slowness/Latency Issues Since Upgrading from 5.3.3

0 Kudos
Rausche
Contributor
Contributor

I see floods of this message in my connection server events after upgrading to 6.1.1 from 5.x -- 6.1.1 seems to be significantly more troublesome and less reliable than 5.x -- really wish we could downgrade at this point..

"the pending session on machine xx for user xxx has been expired ” . but i then assigned another user to the same desktop, everything looks fine." -- identical symptom on my end

"AGENT_ERR_REQUEST_OVERLAP" -- also see lots of these

"AGENT_ERR_LOGOFF_IN_PROGRESS" -- also see floods of these now, when inspected the machines are already logged off. Allowing a different user to connect usually works without issue.

We have updated the agents on known-good golden templates and the issues occur, and we have tried rebuilding from scratch and the issues still occur. The problem appears to lie with the Agent or Connection Servers themselves. Very frustrating -- our Help Desk is getting hammered with calls from disconnected users trying to reconnect, as well as first-logon users who cannot connect to their floating desktops in the mornings.

h3nkY
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The error code you mentioned seems there was something wrong in desktop side and root-cause analysis. I suggest you to open Support Request ticket.

0 Kudos
Rausche
Contributor
Contributor

Again, these warning messages and problems are occurring across multiple ( >8) floating desktop pools,  comprised of both upgraded previously-working templates and brand-new templates built expressly for troubleshooting.

I find it highly unlikely that the desktops are the source of the issues considering that the only change on most of them has been upgrading the View Agent. It is worth noting the 6.0.1 agent works ok, and the 5.x agents work flawlessly on the same machines. All indications lean on the 6.1.1 agent (or possibly the connection servers) being the source of the issues.

I have had a ticket open for several weeks and VMware is currently just log hungry, I don't think there is any real answer on the way (e.g. I don't think the real answer to these problems is known yet).

Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hey Guys,

We are on the exact same page here. When people log in the sessions disconnects for no apparent reason and we see the exact same error in our log files.

I allready have an open case at VMWare and as you stated rausche (as with anything at VMWare) the only thing they want is logs, logs and more logs. Yesterday i finally was able to generate a log file on the machine (which is hard with a floating linked clone pool that logs off after 15 minutes).

We are using 6.1.1 agent and vGPU desktops, also we are using MCAfee Move agentless with Vshield, anyone else using this??

It looks like it is a bug in 6.1.1.

Anyone had any news about this? Or maybe a workaround??

0 Kudos
brickleberry
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

i resolved this issue by removing agent 6.1.1/6.1.0 and using agent 6.0.2.

i was told that support would inform the users here, great support vmware.

the users are back to being their normal crabby selves.

0 Kudos
Rausche
Contributor
Contributor

Isn't 6.0.2 agent with 6.1.1 connection servers an unsupported configuration? -- I'm sure it works.. just curious support had to say about that?

0 Kudos
brickleberry
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

support could care less about my users not having a good time.

i care about my system working.

supports answer was to have me remove antivirus and uvnc.

neither one was the issue.

the issue is 6.1.1/6.1.0.

the only program i changed was removing 6.1.1 and installing 6.0.2 - i have zero issues now(why is that?)

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Always nice to find out they didn't do anything.

I will update the ticket and link to this forumpost. Hopefully things will change and they might find a fix.

My guess is it is somewhere related to CDR because this seems to be the biggest feature in the new 6.1 version.

If i get some more info I will ley you guys know..

But just for the record, you are waiting almost 2 months for a response now??

I also found this post but the problem is that we have multiple VLAN's with multiple ranges and no way to put that in.

VMware KB: PCoIP connections to VMware Horizon View 5.1.x / 6.1 desktops with multiple network adapt...

0 Kudos
klibo87
Contributor
Contributor

We have now the same issues with Horizon 6.2 (connection server and agent version are 6.2). Does anyone have any news on this issue?

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Not yet.

Just for the record, what kind of an enviornment are you using?

We have view 6.1.1 on Vsphere 6.0 with all machines on vGPU, 2vCPU and 4GB and are connecting using P25 Wyse Teradici clients. Maybe we can find some similarities.

0 Kudos
klibo87
Contributor
Contributor

VMware vSphere 6.0

VMware Horizon 6.2 (Connection Server and Agent)

VMware Horizon View Software Clients, Teradici FW 4.8, BLAST, etc.

No vGPU Hosts, No APEX 2800

Master-VM: 2 vCPU / 2 GB RAM, Windows 7 x64

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

We've gone a bit further with troubleshooting and what we see happening is that the machines users are idisconnected from don't have any events or tasks information registered in VSphere client.

It seems as if the machines aren't created corectly through Horizon View.

We are now trying to remove View agent and tools and reïnstalling it. No idea if it wuill do any good but will post results.

0 Kudos
Jogabaer
Contributor
Contributor

Guys,

any success in solving this one?

We're on VC 5.1, Horizon 6.2 (Connection Server and Agent) and experiencing the same AGENT_ERR_LOGOFF_IN_PROGRESS error.

Users usually just log their Windows session before leaving. Next day the View session is still connected for some VMs (despite reaching configured 10 hour timeout) and exactly these users are unable to reconnect with mentioned error.

It seems this happens randomly as not all users are affected all the time but it can happen to everyone.

We tried reinstalling the View agent, recomposing, it doesn't stop.

I'll also open a case with VMware but perhaps you already know what to do.

Thanks!