VMware Horizon Community
myesko
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Upgrading view from 6.0 to 6.2, can i skip upgrading view agent?

Hello, We are planning a Horizon View upgrade from 6.0 to 6.2.  We are a little nervous about upgrading the View Agent due to usb redirect and scanning.

We are going to try and test first but our testing env isn't the best.  We noticed there are more options in the agent install for usb redirect and scanning so we are a little nervous about the scanning breaking as it took allot to get it working in the first place.

So what I was wondering is, if we upgrade everything to 6.2 can we keep the Agent on our master images on 6.0.  This would allow us time to test things out more with the scanning.  

Or is it a big no no to have them mismatch.

I know from what ive read its best to have them match, but I haven't found anything saying you cant have the agent being on a slightly older version.

My understanding is we shouldn't have a newer version of the agent then the connection server, but im hoping I can have an older version of the agent.

Thanks for any advice

Mike

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
h3nkY
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

As you can see in Horizon documentation, earlier version is only supported in "upgrade phase". You have to upgrade the agent to the same version as connection server.

Documentation for VMware Horizon 6 version 6.2

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
h3nkY
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

As you can see in Horizon documentation, earlier version is only supported in "upgrade phase". You have to upgrade the agent to the same version as connection server.

Documentation for VMware Horizon 6 version 6.2

0 Kudos
myesko
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for confirming.  So we will definitely test things out before putting into production.

Mike

0 Kudos
pchapman
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Scanner redirection is a newer feature.  If you are using scanners now, via USB passthrough or some other method(like network scanning?), it won't interfere with them.  If you simply do not install the scanner redirection feature, your scanners will work as they were in the older version of View.

myesko
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We need to test it out, I think the way its working now is the USB Passthrough, so what your saying makes sense, whwn we upgrade the agent to not install the scanner redirection feature.  Granted we will test both if we have time

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos