VMware Horizon Community
vbo1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Upgrade vcenter server to 5.1 without interupt view connections

Dear Experts,

We need to upgrade the vcenter server to 5.1. Vmware view connection server will NOT be upgraded

Esx servers will be upgraded to 5.1 as well

Working with

- vmare vcenter server 5.0

- vmare view connection server 5.0 ( no linked clone, automated pool )

- ESXi 5.0

Plan :

- In place upgrade vcenter server 5.0 to vcenter server 5.1

Question :

- Could we perform the vcenter upgrade without interrupting the vmare view machines ?

- Does i need to reboot the view connection manager server

- During the upgrade, will the user loose  connection to the their machines ?

- During the upgrade will the user be able to authenticate, start up their machines ?

Thanks for your support

Vins

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

vbo@computerland.be

Dear Experts,

- Could we perform the vcenter upgrade without interrupting the vmare view machines ?

- During the upgrade will the user be able to authenticate, start up their machines ?

Thanks for your support

Vins

1:  yes

2:  no

3:  no

4:  Depends what power policies you are using.  Since vCenter is going to be offline you will not be able to start and shutdown machines.  The best thing is to change your power policy to always powered on and make sure all machines are available during the vCenter maintenance.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
HIsgett
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I actually just did this this past week. Everything stays up and running. Matter of fact i did this while logged into a virtual desktop. Just follow the upgrade instructions for vcenter and you will be fine.

mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

vbo@computerland.be

Dear Experts,

Thanks for your support

Vins

1:  yes

2:  no

3:  no

4:  Depends what power policies you are using.  Since vCenter is going to be offline you will not be able to start and shutdown machines.  The best thing is to change your power policy to always powered on and make sure all machines are available during the vCenter maintenance.

0 Kudos