VMware Horizon Community
liontari
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Upgrade to View 4.5

We need to upgrade to

View 4.5 in order to support Windows 7 clients.

We are currently running

Vsphere 4.0, with View agent 4.0 / View client 4.0.

Our View Server is currently

Windows Server 2003 SP2.

We have a linked clone desktop pool, with View Composer 2.0

We have current maintenance on our View licenses,

and have downloaded Viewconnectionserver-4.5, and View agent 4.5 / View client 4.5

I assume that we do not need to upgrade our

VCenter Sever to 4.1 in order to achieve a View upgrade – Can you confirm?

Also do we need to upgrade View Composer to

2.5? If so, where is it downloaded from?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mikebarnett
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Ah, I see. If you have the Enterprise edition of View 4.5 then you do are not licensed for View Composer and you won't be able to download it. If you have View Premier then you will have to go to that download section and try again.

-Mike

Twitter: @MikeBarnett_

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mikebarnett
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You do not have to upgrade to vCenter 4.1 to use View 4.5. You will have to be on vCenter 4.0 U2 as a minimum but we fully support vSphere 4 at U2.

You will need to upgrade to View Composer 2.5 for your View 4.5 environment. The binary for that can be downloaded from the VMware View section on our downloads site. Click the Download link for your View edition, login if necessary, accept the EULA and you should get a list of all of the needed binaries including View Composer.

-Mike

liontari
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for your very helpful reply Mike. I'm still having trouble finding View Composer 2.5binary on the download page for View 4.5.I'm looking in VMware View 4.5 Enterprise Ediditon - VMware View Manager 4.5 Enterprise Edition (includes View Client)...

I've looked under ESX, VCenter Server, and the above...

Anyway, many thanks..

0 Kudos
mikebarnett
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Ah, I see. If you have the Enterprise edition of View 4.5 then you do are not licensed for View Composer and you won't be able to download it. If you have View Premier then you will have to go to that download section and try again.

-Mike

0 Kudos