VMware Horizon Community
enclarapharamac
Contributor
Contributor

Upgrade to Horizon View 6.0

Does anyone know if I can continue to use View Agent 5.3 after upgrading View components to 6.0?

If not, are there any recommendations for upgrading the agents on all of the desktops? I can use Microsoft System Center, which we use to distribute software, etc., now. If I have to upgrade the agents, does this require VM Tools reinstall as well?

All of my vDesktops are full, dedicated machines (not, linked clones or view composer machines).

0 Kudos
2 Replies
the1whynotq
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The 5.3 agent should continue to work with the 6 broker, it is recommended to upgrade at some point. If you are also upgrading the underlying vSphere then vmtools needs to be done first not as a dependency of the agent but due to some potential to overwrite drivers installed by the agent.

0 Kudos
enclarapharamac
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. No upgrades to vSphere, at this point. vSphere is already at 5.5 and I have not, as a rule, been updating VMTools when updating the hosts (Update Manager). In the past, I had a bunch of issues with the View Desktops when VM Tools got updated during host patching.

0 Kudos