VMware Horizon Community
romatlo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Upgrade to 4.6 breaks my linked clones

Just checking to see if anyone heard or know what my issue may be here.

I upgraded my View server, agents, and clients to 4.6.

After I upgraded my server, I am no longer able to deploy linked clones.  I was originally getting a Quick Prep error, but now I am can not even choose my parent VM, because it is not available, even though I pointing to the correct vcenter server, composer installed, etc.  Worked in 4.5...

See attached view1.jpg parent VM selection screen.

view1.jpg

Maybe it has something to do with an older composer domain entry?  I am unable to delete because of error noted in attached view2.jpg.

view2.jpg

Anyone heard of this or have suggestions?  Dont want to start over Smiley Happy

I've tried this, but when I try to run it as a query in SQL Studio manager, it just keeps debugging rather than executing.

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=102678...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

The first thing to do is to tick the checkbox for "show incompatible parent VMs" to see why it is being filtered, it won't be related to your composer domain deployment credentials as they're only selected after the template is configured. From the screenshot you've attached it appears to have a snapshot as the "revert to snapshot" icon is enabled - perhaps the snapshot is of the VM while running rather than powered off?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
eeg3
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Is View Composer running properly on vCenter? Was that upgraded already? Does 'view45win7' have an appropriate snapshot?

Have you checked out page 23 and 31 of the Upgrade Guide referencing Composer and done everything according to that?

Blog: http://blog.eeg3.net
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

The first thing to do is to tick the checkbox for "show incompatible parent VMs" to see why it is being filtered, it won't be related to your composer domain deployment credentials as they're only selected after the template is configured. From the screenshot you've attached it appears to have a snapshot as the "revert to snapshot" icon is enabled - perhaps the snapshot is of the VM while running rather than powered off?

0 Kudos
romatlo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Ok, I had the parent VM added as an indivdual desktop, so it was already in use.

After deleting that pool, I am able to add the appropriate parent VM.

Now I am getting an error that I is my real problem.  Attached view3.jpg.

I may open a new thread...

Thanks again for the responses.

0 Kudos
romatlo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks eeg3.

I did review the upgrade guide, I believe I had everything correct.  I will be reviewing again...

I did upgrade my Composer software as well.

I have vCenter and Composer installed on the same server.

See attached view4.jpg.

0 Kudos
romatlo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I ended up installing View 4.6 fresh on a new server pointed to the same vcenter/composer and is working now.

Not sure what the deal was with that upgrade I did previously.

0 Kudos