VMware Horizon Community
BeeBop
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Upgrade from 6.2 to 7.1

Hi,

I have an upgrade schedule for this weekend from Horizon 6.2 to 7. I was curious if it's ok to go straight from 6.2 to 7.1 while skipping 7.0. If it is, are there any caveats that are not listed in the patch notes I should worry about?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vfk
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi,

Generally, you should not have any issues, version 6.2 is stable and is up to date with the all the certificate changes: TLS 1.2, Disabling SSLv3, Key size and so on.  However, it is highly recommended to read the release notes and upgrade guide.

Release Notes for VMware Horizon 7 version 7.1

Documentation for VMware Horizon 7 version 7.1

--- If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points. vfk Systems Manager / Technical Architect VCP5-DCV, VCAP5-DCA, vExpert, ITILv3, CCNA, MCP

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vfk
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi,

Generally, you should not have any issues, version 6.2 is stable and is up to date with the all the certificate changes: TLS 1.2, Disabling SSLv3, Key size and so on.  However, it is highly recommended to read the release notes and upgrade guide.

Release Notes for VMware Horizon 7 version 7.1

Documentation for VMware Horizon 7 version 7.1

--- If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points. vfk Systems Manager / Technical Architect VCP5-DCV, VCAP5-DCA, vExpert, ITILv3, CCNA, MCP
0 Kudos
pubudu326
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Beebop,

You can upgrade from 6.2.0 to 7.1 without any patch updating. Please check  attached file. Please follow these steps https://www.vdrone.nl/upgrade-horizon-view-6-7-best-practices/

This article is not official one but this will help you. Horizon 7 administrator dashboard will not appear correctly after upgrade please don't worry and edit your locked.properties and restart view connection server service. everythings mentioned in above blog.

Please if you want further information reply this. all the best for your upgarde. it will success 100%...

Thanks.

0 Kudos