VMware Horizon Community
CMCC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Upgrade floating desktops' template

I've created an Automated Pool with floating desktops, which are created from a XP Template, not cloned links.

I want to upgrade these desktops, or install something new on them, and I don't know if I have to do this just in the template, or I have to install or upgrade on every desktop?

Thanks in advance

Celia.-
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You will either have to upgrade on every desktop or upgrade the template and then push out new desktops based on that template.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You will either have to upgrade on every desktop or upgrade the template and then push out new desktops based on that template.

0 Kudos
CMCC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

so, just in case these are link cloned desktops, you can upgrade the father vm and it will upgrade the pool?

Celia.-
0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

No, you would still need to push out the new parent image to the pool.  In linked clone terms this is caused a recompose.   

0 Kudos
CMCC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks a lot, do you know about any documentation about it that can help me to understand better?

Best Regards

Celia.-
0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Everything you need can be found here, http://www.vmware.com/support/pubs/view_pubs.html.   Your admin guide is prob a good document to start with.

0 Kudos