VMware Horizon Community
MG1971
Contributor
Contributor

Upgrade Horizon 7.5 to Horizon 7.13

Hello everybody,
we want to upgrade our environment Horizon 7.5 to the latest version 7.13. The reason is the expiring Flash Player support from January 2021. Do you have experiences with it? What do I have to consider?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
EricMonjoin
Expert
Expert

No issue  should arrise,  it's in the upgrade path : https://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/sim/interop_matrix.php#upgrade&solution=260

Now I'd recommend  to check vSphere version and Operating System as well to be sure it's in the supported list.

Upgrading to 7.13 will also let you use Instant clone  VM even with a Standard license  as Composer is now depreciated and will be removed in next version of Horizon 8. (7.13 is the latest Horizon7 release so no 7.14 version is coming ). 

FYI many functionalities from Horizon 8 has been backported to Horizon 7.13 like  CRBC 2.0  to allow up to 32GB RAM (only with vSphere 7).

Eric

0 Kudos
Cmillian
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Have you already don it?

I'm planning also to do this at a client and want to know if you had any issues.

Regards 

0 Kudos
MG1971
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

no, we don´t have done. We setup a new Horizon 8.0 environment and then we switch off the old 🙂

Regard