VMware Horizon Community
digerati646
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Upgrade 6.1 to 6.2.2 or 7?

Couple questions:

1. Anyone upgrade from 6.1 to 7 recently?  Any reason to go to 6.2.2 before going to 7?

2. Is there a way to migrate all of your view connection servers settings to new connection servers?  I am thinking about going to version 7 and I would like to build out new servers if I am going to 7.  BUT, I would like to be able to keep all of my pool settings and migrate them all over, is this possible? Is there a procedure documented anymore for that?  I couldn't find it if there was.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
digerati646
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

SO, i called VMware and figured this out.  The correct way to accomplish this is to create new View replica servers on the newer servers, not a cloudpod.  Cloudpod isn't really meant to do migration, only allow multiple points of access to your pools and such.  Replica servers create a copy of the connection server similarly to active directory SO each one is a copy of the other and you can decommission older ones as long as the data has been replicated over to a newer Replica server.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

2:   You can build out new servers as version 6, add them as replica partners to the view pod,  remove the old servers from the environment, and then upgrade the new servers to version 7.     That would allow you to move to new servers while retaining all of your View information and settings.

0 Kudos
digerati646
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Nice.  That sounds like what I need.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
sritaks
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Did you checked it..? is it working..?

0 Kudos
digerati646
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

So I have created my view pod.  I am looking for the documentation on creating "replica partners" in the view pod?  When I look at the new one that I added to the pod for the same site, it doesn't show any of my pools from the other server.  I am also not seeing anyway to currently add "local pools" or "Users and Groups" into my global entitlement.  Looks different than the docs but I am still looking into that one.

Joe

0 Kudos
digerati646
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

SO, i called VMware and figured this out.  The correct way to accomplish this is to create new View replica servers on the newer servers, not a cloudpod.  Cloudpod isn't really meant to do migration, only allow multiple points of access to your pools and such.  Replica servers create a copy of the connection server similarly to active directory SO each one is a copy of the other and you can decommission older ones as long as the data has been replicated over to a newer Replica server.

0 Kudos