VMware Horizon Community
AndyGK
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Updating to View 5.0, where do I get Composer 2.7 at?

Is it just bundled into the connection server .exe?

Previously our composer as ran on our VSphere server, it seems kind of odd to be installing a 400mb Connection Server file on that server as well our normal connection/security servers..

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
griffinboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It's part of the "View Manager 5" in either Premier or Enterprise bundle editions of the View desktop product.

You can drill down the above bundle and only download the View Composer element if you wish, as below:

VMware View Composer (263M)
Separate installable component to provision linked clone desktops in View Manager from a central master image. Build 481620.

VCPID: 40118 (VCP310, VCP4)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
griffinboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It's part of the "View Manager 5" in either Premier or Enterprise bundle editions of the View desktop product.

You can drill down the above bundle and only download the View Composer element if you wish, as below:

VMware View Composer (263M)
Separate installable component to provision linked clone desktops in View Manager from a central master image. Build 481620.

0 Kudos
AndyGK
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks, I had gone to the download page via the websites search engine, and it was not showing me Composer.  It must have defaulted to the non-enterprise version.

0 Kudos
griffinboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Nice one.

0 Kudos