VMware Horizon Community
KyleCompassion
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Updating SDCONF.REC

We just recently added a 2nd RSA server for load balancing and my security team has given me a new sdconf.rec file and asked me to update the sdconf.rec file in view admin. is there a published process for this? so far i have found documentation regarding the initial upload, but i don't see anything about updating the file. do i just click the Upload File button and point to the new file? do i need to back up the existing file first for safety's sake? if so, how is that done? do i need to backup any db's or snapshot any servers first?

Thanks,

-Kyle

Tags (3)
2 Replies
mpryor
Commander
Commander

You can just upload it in the same way as you uploaded the original. You should keep a backup of the original file to restore, just in case the new one doesn't work for you but there's no need to explicitly backup anything else.

0 Kudos
KyleCompassion
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the info! Updating it went without any issue. Didn't have to restart any services or anything even.

FYI for anyone else who finds this thread, if you've already uploaded the sdconf.rec file, the existing SDCONF.REC file is in c:\windows\system32\ on each of the connection servers. Make a copy of one of those files before you update to your new .rec file.  VMware support has told me that uploading the .rec file to one connection server will then cause the file to be synchronized to the other connection servers, so you only have to upload to one CS.