VMware Horizon Community
mackemftm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unusual "connection timeout problem"

Hello All,

I have set up a View env for testing and have hit a bit of a snag.

I am confident that I have set up all of the quickprep setting correctly and my virtual nic settings are confirmed correct. I have also confirmed that there are no firewalls in the way and that port 4001 is available.

Even with the above I still get the "Connection Timed" out issue. When I look at the images that have been created I can see they have and IP and "think" they are members of the domain. However they have NOT changed there machine names from the master images.

I initialy though this was to do with my quickprep settings however when i soft rebooted one of the clones it suddenly rebooted its self and gave it the correct name.

It still however did not complete the customising step.

p.s. The new machines have successfully had entries put in the OU in the domain.

Thanks

vMackem

Please click the answered or helpful buttons to give me points. Thanks vMackem
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
drkkgt
Contributor
Contributor

I had something very similar and adding the ability of the view administrator account to change the name of a computer (since I wasn't using a domain admin account as the view admin account) seemed to solve it.

0 Kudos
rebootuser
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Are the correct names listed in the OUs? Do the vms receive correct and unique IP info from the DHCP server?

My Blog: http://rebootuser.com If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points.
0 Kudos
mackemftm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

drkkgt,

thanks for getting back to me.

when you say adding the view administrator account to change the name of a computer, do you mean you gave it elevated domain creds? Or are you refering to the quickprep account (which i think you are).

I added the account i am using for quickprep into the localadmin on the master clone so this should cover the bases (although this is a domain account with the privileges to change machine names).

I have deployed more view environements that i care to remeber but this is starting to anoy me now as no one seems to have see this particular issue before.

Please click the answered or helpful buttons to give me points.

Thanks

vMackem

Please click the answered or helpful buttons to give me points. Thanks vMackem
0 Kudos
drkkgt
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, thats what I meant but sounds like you have it covered. Sorry.

0 Kudos