VMware Horizon Community
HIsgett
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unity Touch

I must be missing something...I cannot get the Unity Touch menu to show up on my iPad when I access my virtual desktop. It did work before. I have reinstalled the Remote Experience Agent and made sure the the Unity feature was installed. The iPad has the latest View Client on it as well. Are there any troubleshooting guides for this anywhere?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

I have moved this post from the VMware® Horizon™ View forum over to the VMware® Horizon™ View for iPad forum.

0 Kudos
SabrinaHou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

When you connect to the remote desktop via iPad view client, please check whether you can find the VMwareView-RdeServer.exe process in the Task Manager. If you can not find the process, please try to reboot the remote desktop and reconnect to the remote dekstop again.

If the VMwareView-RdeServer.exe process can be found in the Running App list, please try below steps.

1. Clean up icon cache from %AppData%\Roaming\VMware\Unity

2. Kill the iPad view client, then connect to the remote desktop again.

If above tips still can not resolve issue, please attach the log here from C:\Windows\Temp\vmware-SYSTEM-xxx directory.

0 Kudos
HIsgett
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I just now seen your response. I do know that the VMwareView-RdeServer.exe process is running, but let me see about the logs. I did not pay attention to that location for the log files.

0 Kudos
HIsgett
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am embarrassed. The Unity menu was hidden on the iPads. It is working now....

:smileyblush:

0 Kudos