VMware Horizon Community
dmtml
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Uninstalling AD LDS on replica server

I have an old Horizon Connection Server on 2008 R2 that I am getting rid of. I've got two newer servers that have been running for some time.

I uninstalled Horizon, and now trying to uninstall AD LDS. I'm getting the error below.

The Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services instance could not replicate changes made to the partition CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,CN={95D9F7B9-F430-48EB-BC02-3061514602AB}.

To avoid losing these changes, ensure that at least one Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services instance with this partition is available, and then try again.

I checked on one of the newer servers, and it is showing that 1 of the newer servers holds the FSMO roles.

I'm not totally sure how to check if that partition is available on the other servers?  Is something I need to worry about, or just click Skip??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi dmtml

You can skip this warning and proceed with ADLDS removal.

By default, any new replica that you introduce to View cluster, holds the FSMO master role. If you want to seize FSMO to a particular connection server, you can do that using dsmgmt utility however please contact VMware support for such activity as this can lead to ADAM corruption if done incorrectly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dmtml
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMWare support just had me click "Skip" and all was fine.

0 Kudos
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi dmtml

You can skip this warning and proceed with ADLDS removal.

By default, any new replica that you introduce to View cluster, holds the FSMO master role. If you want to seize FSMO to a particular connection server, you can do that using dsmgmt utility however please contact VMware support for such activity as this can lead to ADAM corruption if done incorrectly.

0 Kudos