g0dMAn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unified Access Gateway HTML - Browser is blank

Horizon 7.11

UAG 3.8

Horizon domain joined to example.local

External URL is vdi.example.com

Public A record vdi.example.com points to external interface of UAG.

We are able to auth, and use PCoIP and blast over the Horizon client without any issues.

The problem is when we go to vdi.example.com, the web page is blank.

Inside the network, I set vdi.example.com in my hosts file to the UAG and it doesn't work. If I set it directly to the Horizon conn server, it works.  The issue is between the UAG and the Horizon conn server.  Windows firewall on the conn server (for now/testing) is off.

I've tried these, and neither helps:

Allow HTML Access Through a Load Balancer

Allow HTML Access Through a Gateway

Any ideas?  Thanks.

12 Replies
g0dMAn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

By the way, also noticed that PCoIP breaks when I edited the locked.properties file for access through a load balancer.  I assume the one for gateway would work.

Currently, there is no load balancer... just UAG and one connection server right now.

0 Kudos
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Have you allowed the port 443 on your firewall? Also unchecked the tunnel option inside the Connection Server?

0 Kudos
g0dMAn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Firewall shouldn't be the issue.  I mean I can use the Horizon client to auth and use any protocol.

443 tcp udp, 8443 tcp udp, 4172 tcp udp -- all open

And on the connection server, all of the options are left unchecked for tunnel, pcoip, blast -- as I believe those are only for windows server security brokers and not for UAG.

0 Kudos
antonpaloka
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Have you seen this thread? Not sure what your definition of "blank" is but seems similar to this white screen issue?

0 Kudos
g0dMAn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I think you forgot to post a link?

In any case, it's not that blank dialog box issue if that's what you're referring to.  Basically, someone externally should be able to hit the server address in their web browser, and have the option of downloading (or linking to) the horizon client, or connecting to their desktop/app pools via HTML5.  The entire browser page is white.  No errors come up... just a completely full white page.

0 Kudos
jonathanjabez
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

Please make sure, you have followed this VMware KB: VMware Knowledge Base

/Jon

0 Kudos
g0dMAn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

That is not the problem.  Already mentioned that... not to mention I always set that setting in locked.properties on my builds anyway.

Again... take a browser, type in the horizon (or rather UAG) address in the address part, hit enter so it loads.  Below, in the web page window, the ENTIRE window is white.

0 Kudos
g0dMAn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Does anyone else have an idea of what else I can try/check?  Please read previous posts for more info.  This is not the locked.properties normal fix about the origin check.  I've already tried that, but this symptom is different anyway.  It's not a dialog box that's blank.  It's that the entire browser window shows up white/blank.  This only happens when going to the external URL, which lands at the UAG in our DMZ.

0 Kudos
antonpaloka
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sorry, here is the link:

Horizon HTML Landing Page - All White

0 Kudos
g0dMAn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

So I posted in that thread and no answer. Bummer.  I guess I'll have to move away from UAG and just go with the Windows Server security broker since there's not much help with UAG stuff around here.

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Have you opened an SR, asking here is great, but having GSS look may help. I haven't read all of these, but its generally because your locked.properties files on the connection servers are wrong.

g0dMAn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I would have, but this instance is for internal use, so it's an NFR license.  If it happens with a customer of ours with Horizon, that'd actually be great because then I can open a case under their license, have VMware support fix it, and then I'll take notes along the way.  Unfortunately, this NFR setup is the only one this is happening with.  I wanted to test out 7.11 with our NFR, and of course 7.11 has this one issue.  I'm not blaming the version, but I wanted to test the latest and greatest and ended up with this problem.  We have other setups on 7.5 and 7.7 with no issues.

0 Kudos