VMware Horizon Community
Don40
Contributor
Contributor

Unble to get Devices option in remote VDI session

Please let me know if any option available to view devices option under the menu ..When we login to the VDI session remotely .

I get the device option in the center menu , when I login to VDI session from work machine but have issues in getting the devices option under the menu when I login to the VDI session from home .

Please let me know ..if any specific setings needed to set this up ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

You didn't specify so I will assume that you are using VMware's VDM product as your connection broker. When installation of the client occurs from the web interface the USB drivers are not installed so there is no devices tab available on the toolbar. The USB redirection piece of VDM is support over WebAccess so all you need to do is remove the current VDMclient installed on your home PC and download the vdmclient.exe from VMware and install it with the USB drivers. After that your devices option should show up when connecting from your home PC. Hope this help and let me know how it turns out.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

Moved to the Product specific VDM forum

Tom Howarth

VMware Communities User Moderator

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos