VMware Horizon Community
Jenifer_Coder
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to see drive sharing works on windows vmware horizon client(Via remote desktop session)

Hello there,

I am trying to connect to vmware Horizon windows client and enable Drive sharing.Am using 2012-version(Build-8.1.0),but can't find preferences option first of all. Then with much difficulty I had figured out, "Drive Sharing" option which was there in VMware Horizon icon(Bottom-Right).I tried adding folders for share,when connected to the machine(Via double clicking from the web-page) not able to see the shared folders.

As well there is no such option like: Share a specific folder or drive with remote desktops and applications in the list of options provided in the setting.

Anybody can help me out ?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
fabio1975
Commander
Commander

Ciao

So from what I understand even if you have enabled the sharing of a folder from the client horizon this is not seen on the VM.

Did you first enable the Client drive redirection feature in the Horizon Agent? Then there are also some GPOs that I allow to disable and enable the function

More information in this link

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Horizon-Client-for-Windows/2006/horizon-client-windows-installatio...

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog
If you're satisfied give me a kudos