VMware Horizon Community
hurdle
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unable to resolve Adress:nodename nor servname provided

I can you the pocket wyse clien from my ipad configured for View and connect to teh via desktop with no issues.

Can access internal via the view client no issues

But when I try to connect via the Veiw IPAD client

I get the connection broker, I click on the Pool Desktop that is available and I get

"UNABLE TO RESOLVE ADDRESS: NODE NAME NOR SERVNAME PROVIDED OR NOT KNOW

I confirmed destkops are configured for PCOIP

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sm_in-virtu
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same error message when I try to connect to a Desktop Pool. I'm connecting to a View 4.5 View Manager over VPN using a direct IP address. Could there be some kind of reverse name resolving going on? I initially had a similar problem when trying to connect to the View Manager with the Mac View Client, where it would not connect because of a name resolution error. After adding the hostname FQDN to my local hosts file (just a lab environment) on the Mac, connection worked fine. I'm wondering if this could be a similar issue because when I connect using VPN on the iPad, my DNS server is still the one provided by my ISP...

EDIT

Ok I found out what the problem was, my Connection Server was set for Secure Connection. After disabling that it started working (it is actually mentioned in the documentation found in the document area here...).

Cheers

0 Kudos
YakimaCountyVmw
Contributor
Contributor

Where is this setting at, i am also getting this problem

0 Kudos
Jerpoulissen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Had the same issue this setting can be found in the View Administrator just edit your connection server settings.

0 Kudos