VMware Horizon Community
martinkev
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to remove View Replica from cluster

I'm unable to remove view replica from cluster.  I have uninstalled the connection server/ADAM from add/remove. I then go to a connection server still part of the cluster and perform the following command: vdmadmin -S -r -s <servernametoberemoved>   However I get an error stating that the server does not belong to the configuration.  I would like to remove from the admin ui however everything I've tried does not seem to do the trick...  Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
whynotq
Commander
Commander

Essentially i think you have done the removal the wrong way around, you needed to remove it from the configuration using the vdmadmin command first then uninstall the software.

Simplest thing i would try is to re-install the broker software, connect it back as a replica then remove it using the command line then uninstall it.

regards

Paul

0 Kudos
martinkev
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for the suggestion, I did try this last night however still no success in removing.  What's also strange is if I connect to the replica admin gui all shows as fine with all replicas.  However, if I connect to the master connection server gui, that's where I see the error (Problem with service).   Any other suggesstions on how to remove? 

0 Kudos
whynotq
Commander
Commander

Ok, so from the one that had the issue in the GUI you can see all apparently good? can you use this to broker connections? If you can then the option i suggest is to remove the other Broker as it sounds like there is a corruption in the ADAM DB.

If you can use the other broker then remove the one you see currently as the master, remove the service and ADAM, then re-install it as a Replica if needed.

0 Kudos