VMware Horizon Community
rKNotty
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to recompose or create new pools after upgrade to View 5.1

I have upgraded our VMware View installation from version 4.6 to version 5.1.

Now I am unable to recompose or even create pools.

I am getting the following error:

2012-06-15 11:00:20,220 | 3             | FATAL | Sim.ServiceCore.SimServiceApiImpl - Error: fail to execute web service call: AddDeploymentGroup
VMware.Sim.CommonLib.Exception.SimCryptoException: Error occurred while decoding OAEP padding.
   at VMware.Sim.ServiceCore.ActiveDirectory.AdUtil.ProcessAdException(Exception ex, AdConfigEntryDo adConfigDo, String containerDn, String computerAccountName, Int32 numOfRetries)
   at VMware.Sim.ServiceCore.ActiveDirectory.AdUtil.<>c__DisplayClass2.<ValidateAdConnection>b__1(Exception ex, Int32 numOfRetries)
   at VMware.Sim.ServiceCore.ActiveDirectory.AdUtil.RunWithRetry(AdOperationDelegate operation, ExceptionHandlingDelegate exHandling)
   at VMware.Sim.ServiceCore.SimServiceApiVal.AddDeploymentGroup(DeploymentGroup dg)
   at VMware.Sim.ServiceCore.SimServiceApiImpl.AddDeploymentGroup(DeploymentGroup dg), Machine Name: NECVMVC02, Timestamp: 15/06/2012 10:00:20, App Domain Name: SviWebService.exe, Thread Identity: , Windows Identity: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM, OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1

I have checked all of the logings for SQL and to the domain, I have checked the Composer service is running and using the correct logon, re-installed composer.

This update was done just after a upgrade of our vCenter to v5.0 Update 1.

The ViewComposer database was moved to a remote server as part of this update, but if it was a database issue it wouldnt work at all?

I'm at abit of a loss, any help anyone can give would be great.

Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
vmblogza
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

If this is a production environment please log the support ticket with VMware Support and let them identify the problem and assist you.

Usually these kind of problems have to do with the database, either the AD-LDS or the Composer/vSphere.

Rgs

Pete

Best regards, If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful". Please visit my blog at http://vmblog.co.za
0 Kudos
VirtThis
Contributor
Contributor

I've seen this as well as was wondering if anyone had found a resolution.

I'm seeing it in a brand new install, no upgrade.

0 Kudos
dirkieFODFIN
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I had the same problem after upgrade to 5.1

It's the domainaccount of the composer added in the view administrator ( -> servers -> vcenter -> composer) who has no sufficient permissions to write to active directory.

You have to extend the permissions for that account ( installation guide p 27) or change it to an account with sufficient rights.

bye

greetings

D

0 Kudos