VMware Horizon Community
Pravesh_ilionx
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to recompose desktop, Unable to resync VM - Could not find VC object op type VirtualMachine, and id

We are having trouble recomposing all of our desktops.

The issues came out of no where. Everything was working fine about a week ago. There where no changes on the environment.

View initiates the recompose but does not complete its task.

The first thing View does, is power down the VM, then reverts the snapshot, then copy a file (I am not sure which file) and then removes a snapshot. All the while, the VM is in a powered off state.

At this point, the VM enters a 'error' stat within View.

We rebooted the complete View Infra (even down to the ESX hosts) but that did not help.

This particular customer uses View 5.0.1

The log on the composer states the following:

11:44:29,514 INFO  <PendingOperation-vm-1781> [PendingOperation] VM /DATACENTER - LOCATION/vm/CUSTOMER Linked Clones/CUSTOMER-DESKTOP-POOL/VDCUSTOMER0018 parent image changed from /DATACENTER - LOCATION/vm/CUSTOMER Master VD/win7-x86-image - /Update 58/Update 59/Update 60/Update 61 - JAVA Update to 8.40/Update 62 to /DATACENTER - LOCATION/vm/CUSTOMER Master VD/win7-x86-image - /Update 58

11:44:45,791 ERROR <PendingOperation-vm-1781> [PendingOperation] Pool cn=XXXXXXXXX-ef0e-4e65-8e76-b6e8ec095ddf,ou=virtualcenter,ou=properties,dc=vdi,dc=vmware,dc=int::Unable to resync VM - Could not find VC object of type VirtualMachine, and id (please check the master VM/snapshot or its replica)

11:44:45,791 INFO  <PendingOperation-vm-1781> [VirtualCenterDriver] VirtualCenter control for https://vcenter01:443/sdk is suspending operations - VM operation failed: com.vmware.vdi.svisupport.SVIException: Could not find VC object of type VirtualMachine, and id (please check the master VM/snapshot or its replica)

11:44:45,791 INFO  <PendingOperation-vm-1781> [Audit] VC_DISABLED:VC:cn=XXXXXXXXX-ef0e-4e65-8e76-b6e8ec095ddf,ou=virtualcenter,ou=properties,dc=vdi,dc=vmware,dc=int;REASON:VM operation failed: com.vmware.vdi.svisupport.SVIException: Could not find VC object of type VirtualMachine, and id (please check the master VM/snapshot or its replica);

11:45:33,964 INFO  <VirtualCenterDriver-XXXXXXXXX-ef0e-4e65-8e76-b6e8ec095ddf> [VirtualCenterDriver] VirtualCenter control for https://vcenter01:443/sdk is resuming operations

11:45:33,964 INFO  <VirtualCenterDriver-XXXXXXXXX-ef0e-4e65-8e76-b6e8ec095ddf> [Audit] VC_ENABLED:VC:cn=XXXXXXXXX-ef0e-4e65-8e76-b6e8ec095ddf,ou=virtualcenter,ou=properties,dc=vdi,dc=vmware,dc=int;

11:45:51,301 INFO  <DesktopControlJMS> [Audit] STARTUP:Server:cn=XXXXXXXX-225f-42db-8050-ce01d3634645,ou=servers,dc=vdi,dc=vmware,dc=int;Pool:cn=CUSTOMER-desktop-pool,ou=server groups,dc=vdi,dc=vmware,dc=int;DNS:VDCUSTOMER0018.CUSTOMER.local;IP:192.168.0.152;

0 Kudos
3 Replies
5harky
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Give this a shot:

1. Disable provisioning on the pool you want to recompose

2. Remove snapshots on the Parent Image

3. Create new snapshot

4. Point the pool to the newly created snapshot

5. Enable provisioning again

6. Recompose and again select the newly created snapshot

This should rule out any problems with the parent image and/or snapshot. If it still fails, it's the actual vm it's trying to recompose, that is the problem.

Also, do you get an error message on the pool summary page when it fails?

0 Kudos
kenieevan
Contributor
Contributor

hi,

do you try start recompose from a clean image and snapshot? in case the environment is in a mess, and may be something wrong with the image's state.

0 Kudos
grfgonza
Contributor
Contributor

Hello and sorry if about sound very new at this. I am currently taking over managing VMware and I am still learning. So excuse me if some of my questions sound really dumb. So I did go through the 6 steps and was pretty sure that the snap shots or image was not the issue. I also have several other pools that have no issues. I tried loading different and the same snapshots to the working pools, and they have no issues with any of the snap shots. Where as this pool receiving this error can't recompose any snapshot I attempt to load. So your response to this was "If it still fails, it's the actual vm it's trying to recompose, that is the problem." That is fine and good but that doesn't resolve the issues and what step would I need to take to correct the issues?

0 Kudos