VMware Horizon Community
aheyes42
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unable to install VMWare Horizon Client 5.4.3 on Windows 10 Home (2004) 64-bit

Hi all, i wonder if any can assist with an issue I've encountered installing Horizon Client 5.4.3 onto a customer's Windows 10 Home laptop.  The install fails, reporting an error in the event logs of "The VMware Horizon Client service is marked as an interactive service. However, the system is configured to not allow interactive services. This service may not function properly".  I've re-ran the install with the AV disabled.  Tried running the without the "without HTML5 MMR package" too and checked the logs but they don't give any obvious clue as to the cause.  The machine is fully up to date, plenty of disk space (over 80GB free on C) and no errors I can find in Windows after running the System File Checker.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
aheyes42
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

A previous failed install appears to have been the cause of the repeated failures to install.  I deleted any reference to VMWare in the registry, deleted the install folder and deleted the VMware USB Arbitration Service which had been left from the previous failed install.  Rebooted, retried running a silent install and this then successfully installed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
aheyes42
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

A previous failed install appears to have been the cause of the repeated failures to install.  I deleted any reference to VMWare in the registry, deleted the install folder and deleted the VMware USB Arbitration Service which had been left from the previous failed install.  Rebooted, retried running a silent install and this then successfully installed.

0 Kudos