VMware Horizon Community
VmCernUser
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to enable composer settings

Hi,

I have installed View manager (Connection server) on a Windows Server 2003 virtual machine which is enabled for the domain. I have installed View Composer on another machine which also runs vCenter server.

From the view manager, under "servers"; i am able to add the vCenter server but I am unable to enable view composer. It doesn't seems to get via the domain specific authentication. I checked on the services on my vCenter that view composer service is running.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
rosspcs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Do you have the view logs

0 Kudos
VmCernUser
Contributor
Contributor

I guess so. How can I check the view logs for the composer and the connection server?

Thanks

0 Kudos
rosspcs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I cant remember the exact location but should be somewhere under C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\VMware\VMware on the view server

0 Kudos
VmCernUser
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I checked the logs for View Composer, but it only shows the status of the services running not the logging of the events (unless there is some other configuration one have to enable). So I cannot see what's going wrong from the View Manager's side when it's unable to enable the composer.

BTW, I am wondering whether this "enabling of view composer" is necessary from the View Manager. What does sort of funcationality/capability it enables??

Thanks,

Omer

0 Kudos
rosspcs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

View composer is only needed if you are going to use linked clones

0 Kudos