VMware Horizon Community
mobcdi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unable to delete Transfer Server

I was having problems getting snapshots to be published to my transfter server and also to have the transfer server contents match the "published" status of some pools so decided to remove and add it again.

When I try to delete the transfer server I get the error message "java.lang.Exception: Failed to find pool that contains VM with dn:   CN=[stringOfAlphaNumerics],OU=Servers,DC=vdi,DC=vmware,DC=int. Failed to delete transfer server with id: [stringOfAlphaNumerics]

I click ok on that dialog and get back to the "Are you sure you want to deleted the transfer server" dialog again.

I've tried with the transfter server in maintenance mode and still no joy. I'm not concerned with keeping the contents of the repository just want to get to a consistent point where I have a transfer server and the contents on its disk match the published values of pools-vCenter Settings - virtual machine settings

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mobcdi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I exported the logs and it has an error in vdm-logs stating

[TransferServerReaper] Failed to cleanup disks for transfer server

as well as these errors when the command to delete the transfer server is issued

128 INFO  <TP-Processor2>   [TransferServerManager] User X is deleting transfer server with   id: [StringOfAlphaNumerics].
130 ERROR <TP-Processor2>   [TransferServerManager] Failed to find pool that contains VM with dn:   CN=[StringOfAlphaNumerics]
130 ERROR <TP-Processor2>   [ThinAppBean] Failed to find pool that contains VM with dn:   CN=[StringOfAlphaNumerics]
155 ERROR <TP-Processor8>   [TransferServerManager] Transfer Server   '[StringOfAlphaNumerics]' is a member of 0 pools.
128 ERROR <TP-Processor2>   [TransferServerManager] Transfer Server   '[StringOfAlphaNumerics]' is a member of 0 pools.
131 ERROR <TP-Processor2>   [ImageRepositoryManager] Passed package has null vc dn.

Is there a way to force the removal of the transfer server from View Admin either using the UI or via the database?

It is also stopping me from removing View Connection Server registration from my vCenter server (because you have to remove all pools and transfer servers first)

I can't currently put the transfer server into maintenance mode and can't change the repository location because of that either

0 Kudos
mobcdi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Any advise on how to remove the reference to the missing pool since I had deleted a number of them using the web UI, is there a way to force view to rebuild its database based on the current pools, templates, servers and snapshots in use?

0 Kudos
johncwrayiii
Contributor
Contributor

I ran into this at a site that had decided on their to try this out. I ended up manually editing out the server from the ADAM database to get rid of it.

0 Kudos
kwangso123
Contributor
Contributor

So...the problem starts because it can't cleanup disk?

0 Kudos