VMware Horizon Community
rahulgarg
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Unable to create linked clone pool with sysprep with View Storage Accelerator

If I enable the view storage accelerator while creating linked clone with sysprep customization, VM goes to automatic repair stage and never comes out.

Before going to repair, I can see that VM customization was successful.

But if I disable view storage accelerator, pool gets created successfully.

So anyone can suggest what could be the reason of this behavior ?

PS : I cant keep view storage accelerator off, because vm consolidation number drops due to storage performance implication.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

By chance are you running Windows 10 1803? If so review General Availability Support for VMware Horizon with Windows 10 1803 Semi-Annual Channel (SAC) Guest... and make sure you've applied Microsoft Windows KB4462933.

If that doesn't apply I would see if you can reproduce this with a new parent built from a Windows ISO. Apply the latest updates, VMware Tools and Horizon Agent only. Whenever we've encountered VMs booting to startup repair it's a result of anti-virus or some other filter driver.

0 Kudos
rahulgarg
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Ben, I applied the Windows KB you mentioned.

After that I see few vms were available stage, while few vms went to recovery state.

For brief time I see that it showed following error :

Unknown Hard Error : sihost.exe.

googling the error didnt give me much pointer, have you seen this before ?

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I just came across the KB article. Reviewing the composer logs on both the linked clone and composer server should help. I'd suggest opening an SR to get support involved.

0 Kudos