LovelyCharles
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to connect to proxy

There are three situations when the proxy cannot be accessed

1.User hot swap pop up network device

2.vCenter Administrator changes network card model( E1000 to vmxnet3 )

3.vCenter Administrator changes MAC address of network card

When we use horizon 8, the above three operations will appear in the view connection. The user desktop system cannot access the proxy, and the proxy version is unknown

How to repair the user's desktop connection?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
SurajRoy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

"Unable to connect to Proxy" is this the message the end user get when they try to connect to VDI desktop?

If it is so and it is happening after making the changes described by you, there could be a chance of having hidden network adapter inside Quest OS ( Agent).

Make sure when we swap the adapter , the previous adapter is not listed under device manager hidden devices.

Also you can refer to https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Horizon-7/7.13/virtual-desktops/GUID-134DB4E3-11C5-455A-AA4B-D6485... 

0 Kudos
LovelyCharles
Contributor
Contributor

no the message the end user get when they try to connect to VDI desktop

is horizon connection server web portal display the user virtual desktop computer state is "able to connect to Proxy"

I've tried to reallocate network cards,and again install  agent, and again join domain 

but still failed to fix state the vdesktop agent 

0 Kudos
SurajRoy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is it possible for you to share the screenshot.

Are you using Unified Access Gateway?

Error come  after login to View User portal OR when you click on desktop to launch?

0 Kudos
LovelyCharles
Contributor
Contributor

oh   no

1.desktop User eject network device

2.vCenter Administrator changes Quest virtual network card model( E1000 to vmxnet3 )

3.vCenter Administrator changes Quest virtual MAC address of network card

horizon server web portal display Quest compute unable to connect to proxy(agent)

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Are these instant or linked clones, or full desktops. For 1 you need to prevent it with 

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1012225

2.)This breaks the network card inside of windows, you should add a new one and then remove the old one.

3.)Not sure if this should break anything, but I wouldn't unless you have a reason. I'd try the same as 2.) above

LovelyCharles
Contributor
Contributor

yes,I'm glad you understand my situation!

but because of the application, the administrator has to change the MAC of the virtual network card(quest),this will cause the display to fail to connect to the proxy in horazon server portal 

I need help!

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

If this is a priority, then you should be opening an SR if you have support, most of us or not vmware employees and that includes me. So while people here are useful, for full support you should be opening a ticket.

Now, what does "virtual network card(quest)" mean, also I need more information about what the virtual desktops are. Are the clones, are the full virtual desktops?

LovelyCharles
Contributor
Contributor

is clones

"virtual network card(quest)" is virtual desktop 

this seting page is vcenter >edit virutal  attribute>network adapter

it can change E1000 to VMXNET3, or appoint MAC Address,the latter is necessary

0 Kudos