VMware Horizon Community
Dave_Mac
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to connect to VM

I've got VDM up and running and have added two exisiting XP sp2 desktops as individual desktops. I have entitled them and enabled them. When trying to connect to a VM from a Wyse 10L when the VM is powered on I get 'This desktop is currently unavailable'. When I power the VM off and connect, the VM gets powered on okay in Virtual Center, but the Wyse terminal just hangs at VDI authenticating.

In the events in VDM, I get the following order:

User Virtual\xp3 has succesfully authenticated to VDM 12.39.04

Pool control for desktop xp-3 is starting VM xp3.virtual.com 12.39.04

(Request 138)Request failed: com.vmware.vdi.ob.tunnelservice.bz: Failed whilst returning body: java.io.IOException: Broken pipe com.vmware.vdi.front.c.b (SourceFile:171) 12.39.21

(Request 139)Request failed: com.vmware.vdi.ob.tunnelservice.bz: Failed whilst returning body: java.io.IOException: Broken pipe com.vmware.vdi.front.c.b (SourceFile:171) 12.39.21

(Request 170)Request failed: com.vmware.vdi.ob.tunnelservice.bz: Failed whilst returning body: java.io.IOException: Broken pipe com.vmware.vdi.front.c.b (SourceFile:171) 12.41.07

(Request 171)Request failed: com.vmware.vdi.ob.tunnelservice.bz: Failed whilst returning body: java.io.IOException: Broken pipe com.vmware.vdi.front.c.b (SourceFile:171) 12.41.07

User Virtual\xp3 has logged out of VDM 12.44.14

BROKER_LOGOFF:User Virtual\xp3 12.44.14

Error launching desktop for Wyse device: This desktop is currently not available, Please try to connect to your desktop later 12.44.14

User virtual\xp3 could not be allocated a VM for desktop XP-3. No responses received 12.44.14

SERVERS_NOT_RESPONDING:Pool CN=XP-3.............

Anyone any ideas? They've got the agent and I've tried using SSL and no SSL.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Do you have any type of firewall enabled on the VM? I would try disabling any firewalls, try doing a direct RDP outside of VDM, and maybe try reinstalling the agent.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

Dave_Mac
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, don't ask me how, but this is resolved. In the end I blew away my XP vms and my template and created a new template and then deployed some new VMs. Lo and behold it now works. Weird. The one thing I did notice on the ones that weren't working though was that I could RDP into them so the VDM gina wasn't working.

0 Kudos