VMware Horizon Community
nrasmussen
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to connect to Horizon Agent with virtual network adapter installed

My corporation's IT has installed VMware Horizon Agent 7.12.0 for me to remote in to work from home. I'm unable to connect to my work machine when it has any virtual network adapter installed. When they first installed it I was using VirtualBox for my Linux build environment. After disabling VBox's Host-Only network adapter I could connect, and once connected I could use VBox just fine. Starting VBox up installed a new adapter that prevents me from connecting again. That was really annoying so I uninstalled VirtualBox and went to WSL. Same thing happens with WSL's Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet adapter.

Why can't I connect to my work PC through VMware Horizon with any VM virtual network adapter?

P.S. IT won't allow us to have an actual Linux machine or to buy VMware Workstation, so I'm limited to the very slim pickings of free Virtual Machines for business use.

Labels (3)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
nrasmussen
Contributor
Contributor

Still unable to connect when I have a Virtual Network Adapter installed. Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
nrasmussen
Contributor
Contributor

Nothing I've tried has worked. I could really use some help here!

0 Kudos
Hmunning_DTA
Contributor
Contributor

You must configure the subnet that Horizon Agent uses. The subnet determines which network address Horizon Agent provides to the Connection Server instance for client protocol connections.  

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Horizon-7/7.13/virtual-desktops/GUID-134DB4E3-11C5-455A-AA4B-D6485...

0 Kudos