VMware Horizon Community
Binwooke
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to connect WindowsView client 4.5.0 to NLA enable Windows 7 guest via RDP

I am having trouble trying to find the setting that allows me to connect the VMware View client 4.5.0 build 293049 running within a Windows 7 64 bit workstation to a Windows 7 guest OS that has NLA remote enabled. I have no SSL tunnel enabled (or I can, I tried both ways).

The error code I keep getting is this:

There was an unexpected RDP disconnection. Microsoft RDP error code = 2825

Can anyone tell me how to get around this other than using PCoIP. I specifically need to test Microsoft RDP as the display protocol.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Binwooke
Contributor
Contributor

I have done some searching through the VMware View 4.5 documentation online library. I find only one reference to NLA configuration and that is buried within the adm templates. Can you please confirm if in order to connect to NLA enabled guests, I first need to install the adm templates into my GPO or tell me how to enable the support within View Connector assuming it is a configurable.

What is frustrating is I can connect to the NLA enabled guest directly with a regular Microsoft RDP client, so I know that there is something wrong with the View Client and/or the View Connector.

0 Kudos
mikebarnett
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The Admin guide does state that this setting will be required if you have NLA enabled in the guest OS. You will have to install this adm template and configure it to pust this GPO to your Client machines so that they correctly use this setting.

-Mike

Twitter: @MikeBarnett_
Binwooke
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks.

If that is a mandatory requirement for both the View client and the guests to exist on the same domain in order to leverage NLA, then it is a very limited feature.

Right now I am able to connect to the NLA enabled guest OS from a MS RDP supported client that sits on a domain that doesn't directly interact with the domain the guest is sat on. Put View in between it and the functionality goes away.

0 Kudos
mikebarnett
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You should be able to import the GPO templates to a domain even if it's not directly tied to View. As long as that GPO template exists in the domain where the Client machines reside it should be able to push that setting to the Client machine.

-Mike

Twitter: @MikeBarnett_
0 Kudos