VMware Horizon Community
ranjithvilayil
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to checkout VM desktop

Hi Team,

We are unable to checkout any of our Virtual desktops , not sure why. We are using Vmware View horizon 5.1.0 in our environment .Last month we had done re-balance to new storage after that we didn't checked out any VM . But today when i tried its not happening.

I am getting the below error message in view client when it finish 10% and it will resume .

"No available servers for this transfer. Please try again later, or contact your system administrator"

I have attached the error message that i saw from view administrator event log.

Please help me on this issue.

Regards,

Ranjith Vilayil

0 Kudos
1 Reply
vTimD
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You mentioned that you re-balanced to new storage. Have you had a look at this document yet?

VMware View 5.0 Documentation Center

The symptoms listed in the document seem to match yours. The solution on the document is as follows:

Migrate the View Transfer Server virtual machine to an ESX host with access to the datastores.

a

In View Administrator, place the View Transfer Server instance in maintenance mode.

b

In vSphere Client, use the Migration wizard to migrate the View Transfer Server virtual machine to the destination ESX host.

c

In View Administrator, select the View Transfer Server instance and exit maintenance mode.

If you cannot migrate the View Transfer Server virtual machine, recreate View Transfer Server on another virtual machine on an ESX host with access to the datastores.

a

In View Administrator, remove the View Transfer Server instance from View Manager.

b

In vSphere Client, uninstall View Transfer Server or remove the View Transfer Server virtual machine.

c

Create a new virtual machine on the destination ESX host.

d

Install View Transfer Server on the virtual machine.

e

In View Administrator, add View Transfer Server to View Manager.

For more information about installing View Transfer Server, see the VMware View Installation document.

-vTimD http://www.vtimd.com If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.
0 Kudos