VMware Horizon Community
mwhitlock
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to access View Administrator Console

Just got View 5.2 Up and running couple days ago.

but now after installing Composer and a reboot.     i cant connect to the Console(From the Local Server) and the clients do not see the Server no more.

10 Replies
JasonPearceAtRi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Try restarting the VMware View Web Component service. Also, make sure you are using the HTTPS prefix.

0 Kudos
mwhitlock
Contributor
Contributor

I have restarted VMware View Web Component Service and also using desktop icon that VM view made  (https://localhost/admin).   this link did work

0 Kudos
RobertoDM
Contributor
Contributor

i also did this couple of times and it worked but, this moment that i installed view composer, that's not working any more, i restarted all vmware service just to check and following this Link and disable that service but nothing works...

anyone with something? thanks

0 Kudos
memaad
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

Where are you installing the view composer, in which  machine ?

Regards

Mohammed

Mohammed | Mark it as helpful or correct if my suggestion is useful.
0 Kudos
RobertoDM
Contributor
Contributor

in my horizon windows so i have horizon view, composer and thinapp installed there, is this wrong?

Thanks

0 Kudos
memaad
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

You can install the View Composer service on the Windows Server computer on which vCenter Server is

installed or on a separate Windows Server computer. A standalone View Composer installation works with

vCenter Server installed on a Windows Server computer and with the Linux-based vCenter Server Appliance.

The View Composer software cannot coexist on the same virtual or physical machine with any other View

Manager software component, including a replica server, security server, View Connection Server, View

Agent, View Client, or View Transfer Server.

page number : 37

Regards

Mohammed

0 Kudos
memaad
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

https://pubs.vmware.com/view-51/topic/com.vmware.ICbase/PDF/view-51-installation.pdf

page 37

In short view composer should not installed in view connection server  machine

Regards

Mohammed

RobertoDM
Contributor
Contributor

i see, it's true, and that explain this error, thank you ! i have new search now jaja how to install composer in vcenter vCSA but i see Here that it's not possible Smiley Sad i'm affraid that i'll need to create another VM with vCenter Server.

thanks for your time Mohammed

0 Kudos
memaad
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You welcome.

Can you mark it as correct if you good with answer.

Regards

Mohammed

0 Kudos
RobertoDM
Contributor
Contributor

i don't know where's that option, i'm not the person who open this can you tell me how? (sorrys if this is kind or lot of noob question...... je)

0 Kudos