VMware Horizon Community
sujeetkp
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unable to See Security Servers Tab and More Commands Drop Down under Connection Server Tab

I have installed VMware Horizon today with version and build.

VMware Horizon 7 Administrator

7.12.0 build - 15770369

When I tried to Install and Security Server, I realized there is no 'Security Servers' tab and also there is no 'More Commands' drop down option under Connection Servers Tab.

I am unable to generate the pairing password. Pleasae help.

Horizon_Screenshot.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Did you check whether these options are available in the old, flash based UI?

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Did you check whether these options are available in the old, flash based UI?

André

0 Kudos
HTseng
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

With flash support ending this year, how can we still view the security servers if we have not moved to UAGs yet? This is only available from the FlexAdmin page and not in the HTML page.

BGU_Lincoln
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

We can't see the security servers now, with Flash gone we can't manage these. VMware oversight on not including this functionality on HTML5 option 😞

0 Kudos
chrisdhalstead
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

There are no plans to port the Security Server management to the HTML console.  I wrote this script using PowerCLI to manage security server setting with a GUI similar to the FLEX console and to set the security server pairing password.  Note that prior to setting the security server pairing password with the script the connection server you are connecting to to update the password needs to be in the UTC time zone and rebooted, otherwise the time validity of the password will not be accurate.

https://code.vmware.com/samples/7475/horizon-7.x-security-server-management

Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 7.38.19 AM.png

Chris Halstead
Senior Staff Architect, EUC Technical Marketing
chalstead@vmware.com
Twitter: @chrisdhalstead
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
talentti
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

hello Chris,

i followed the instruction on how to run the script and unfortunately my pairing passwords still get refused. any ideas? looks like  changes are not being written in ADAM database.

time zone is set to (UTC-05:00)

0 Kudos
chrisdhalstead
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

That won't work.  The time zone on the connection server needs to be set to UTC.  UTC -5:00 will not work.   After the time zone is set on the connection server you will be setting the pairing password on it needs to be rebooted or the Horizon Service need to be restarted.  Then you can run the script.

image.png

I just ran the script and this is where you will find the configurations in ADAM

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 11.50.03 AM.png

Chris Halstead
chalstead@vmware.com
DSI_IMAIberica
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

Install an old Windows 7 on your network with IE11 and flash and open the flex admin.

Is the only way to work with it.

0 Kudos
lgaldamez67
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hey Chris - due to log4j, i'm attempting to upgrade to v7.13.1 which has the remediation for html enabled. However, i'm stuck because of this. So in the screen shot, i can manually set the password in ADSI server properties and then restart the services? And then when i attempt to upgrade my connection server, it will accept password? Thanks much. Almost no information online regarding this.

0 Kudos
chrisdhalstead
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You can't just update it in ADAM - it is an encrypted value.  You will need to use this script to set it:

https://code.vmware.com/samples/7475/horizon-7.x-security-server-management

Thanks

Chris 

Chris Halstead
chalstead@vmware.com
0 Kudos
lgaldamez67
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Got it. Thanks. I have the script and seems to work for me. I cancelled out of it. Trying to schedule down-time tonight to upgrade as it does require restart of services and we need to minimize impact. Thanks again.

0 Kudos