VMware Horizon Community
Super6VCA
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Unable to Modify a VM in a Pool

I have a pool of VM's and have one VM that is a problem child.  I am unable to delete, recompose, or rebalance it.  I am able to refresh it but I get an error in vCenter that the vdm-disposable-xxx vmdk was not found.  when i browse the datastore i can see the file there so I'm assuming that something in the database got mess up.  When I try to delete it I get the folloing error in the admin console. "Provisioning error occurred for Machine view02: Unable to remove Machine from inventory."  We are running View Horizon 5.2 on Esxi 5.1. any comments or suggestions are welcome.  Thanks!!

Perry

Thank you, Perry
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I am referring to everything involved.   It can obviously be staged to avoid downtime for your users but I'm thinking ever CB and every host in the environment.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Super6VCA
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Here is the other error message fromt eh admin Console.

Apr 2, 2014 11:11:36 AM CDT: Failed to delete VM - Failed to resolve id of disk '[LUN7] view02/view02-vdm-user-disk-D-feddc1d2-2489-4f13-97aa-6a523c963fd0.vmdk' from VM view02

Thank you, Perry
0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Does the machine have any open task on it?   

0 Kudos
Super6VCA
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

No tasks at all.  I am able to refresh it and that is the only thing i can do with it.

Thank you, Perry
0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Check out this KB on manually removing linked clones.   That may be your best here if you want to get rid of the machine.   You may also want to try a therapeutic reboot of the environment to see if that frees up anything that may be stuck. 

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2015112

Super6VCA
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I will give that a shot.  When you say environment are you referring to the broker or on the host level?

Thank you, Perry
0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I am referring to everything involved.   It can obviously be staged to avoid downtime for your users but I'm thinking ever CB and every host in the environment.

0 Kudos
Super6VCA
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Will do!  Thanks for the help!

Thank you, Perry
0 Kudos