VMware Horizon Community
srouff
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to Connect to VDI Desktop in HTML5 Browser.

So I am able to connect to the Connection View Server through my Cisco ASA 5505 through a natted IP so 192.168.7.77. nats behind my firewall to 192.168.8.77. But, when I log into the HTML5 View Connection server and click on my desktop pool, it won't connect to the Desktop VM. But I have a firewall rule allowing port 22443 which is the desktop port.

Is the connection for the VM connection supposed to go from my external network to the View Connection server or to the View Composer server or vCenter?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alex_Romeo
Leadership
Leadership

Hi,

VMware Knowledge Base

Required ports

When using the Blast Secure Gateway:

• Browser TCP 8443 > Connection Server TCP 22443 > View Desktop
  • Browser TCP 8443 > Security Server TCP 22443 > View Desktop

When not using the Blast Secure Gateway:

• Browser TCP 22443 > View Desktop

In all cases:

• Browser TCP 443 > Connection Server
  • Browser TCP 443 > Security Server

ARomeo

Blog: https://www.aleadmin.it/
0 Kudos
srouff
Contributor
Contributor

But when behind the firewall, I can connect to the html 5 web ui over 4400, then I log in. It looks like it redirects me to the same ip over another port for 8443.

I created a nat rule stating anything from home network going to my VDI connection server, port forward tcp 8443 to port 8443 on the connection server. But I still get a blank screen with no connection.

I also have ACLs on my Cisco firewall allowing traffic from my home network to the connection view server when it equals those ports.

0 Kudos
srouff
Contributor
Contributor

Nevermind this issue is now fixed. Type in the URL on the connection server in the admin console.

0 Kudos