VMware Horizon Community
MAHC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Ubuntu 8 and VDM Connections

I was trying to use ubuntu 8.04 and am not able to connect to my VDM. I tried downgrading FIREFOX and adding in Java but it still tosses me errors. Is there a known way to make it compatible or is there an upgrade/patch to the VDM that will help with this problem. I am running fine with Ubuntu 7 but I thought I would try testing 8 and so far 8 looks great as an OS but for this its not looking so good.

Any Ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Ubuntu 8.04 is not supported with current versions of VDM, we only allow web access from combinations that we've QA'd for the release. Of course, if you wanted to run it unsupported with the current releases, you can change the agent string the browser reports to something else (e.g. Ubuntu 7.10 / FF2). As I recall, there are issues with the beta version of Firefox 3 shipped, I don't know whether the upcoming GA tomorrow for it has fixed the issue, you may need to use FF2.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Ubuntu 8.04 is not supported with current versions of VDM, we only allow web access from combinations that we've QA'd for the release. Of course, if you wanted to run it unsupported with the current releases, you can change the agent string the browser reports to something else (e.g. Ubuntu 7.10 / FF2). As I recall, there are issues with the beta version of Firefox 3 shipped, I don't know whether the upcoming GA tomorrow for it has fixed the issue, you may need to use FF2.

0 Kudos