VMware Horizon Community
i4steck
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

UWP Apps missing after Windows Update

Hello
We have the experience that after a certain time the Windows 10 apps disappear. These are all installed in the Goldenimage. Since the last Windows update, these have all disappeared from the start menu for users who take over the writeable. New users have the apps all available. Is there a solution to migrate the existing users with the apps to the new image?

Regards

Dominic

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
i4steck
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

AppVolumes 2103.4 resolve my Error:

• When a UIA+profile Writable Volume is created on a Windows 10 VM and later deployed on a VM running a newer version of a Windows 10 OS, some of the Start menu items are missing. [2813187]

• When an App Volumes configuration includes a UIA+profile Writable Volume, some of the Start menu items and application tiles are sometimes missing on a subsequent login. [2749677]

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LukaszDziwisz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

It just happened to me as well with FSLogix. I'm trying to stay away from Writables but we do use appstacks. I updated my image and Sticky Notes, Snip & Sketch and Calculator disappeared. I was the only one that logged in after publishing to the pool so I reverted back to previous snapshot and published that to the pool but my UWP apps are gone now. Other users don't have that issue but again they didn't sign in to the pool after update. Logging in to another pool with different image didn't seem to help. I believe in my case I need to delete my FSLogix profile and then I wil lhave them back. In your case deleting writable is probably gonna fix it. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
i4steck
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Again the same Problem from the upgrade Windows Update from May to June, all Win10 apps disappear. A new user can see and run all apps ...
Are we the only ones who install updates monthly or do you have alternatives to the Win10 apps?

0 Kudos
i4steck
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Maybe this is the Problem: https://flings.vmware.com/vmware-os-optimization-tool/bugs/1236

I will generate a new Master and test it.

0 Kudos
i4steck
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

AppVolumes 2103.4 resolve my Error:

• When a UIA+profile Writable Volume is created on a Windows 10 VM and later deployed on a VM running a newer version of a Windows 10 OS, some of the Start menu items are missing. [2813187]

• When an App Volumes configuration includes a UIA+profile Writable Volume, some of the Start menu items and application tiles are sometimes missing on a subsequent login. [2749677]

0 Kudos