VMware Horizon Community
luckybuilding
Contributor
Contributor

USB redirection is not available on RDS over PCoIP on Tera Zero Clients

Hi,

There is an strange problem occurring on my VDI environment. I was using HP t310 zero clients (tera 2) to connect my virtual desktops that were on Horizon 6. It was working perfectly. However, I wanted to use the same infrastructure for connecting to Terminal Servers, too.

HP t310 connects to my Terminal Servers. However, connecting from the zero clients, the USB storage devices are not redirected to the session. I thought this is a configuration problem. But, I found out that the devices can be redirected using VMware Horizon Client 3.4! Then, it is a feature lack in Teradici Zero Clients!

Focusing more on the connections that are made for the USB storage devices on virtual desktops and terminal servers I found out that PCoIP sessions are somehow working differently in the Terminal Servers. There is a security gateway that is receiving connections on the TS and starts a pcoip_server_win32.exe instance for each user. But, in the virtual desktops the pcoip_server_win32.exe is receiving the connections. Moreover, storage devices are redirected from connection server in the TS and I see a connection on port 32111 for this transfer. But, on VD session, there is not such a connection!

Then, I think the zero clients lack a feature that would allow them redirect the USB storage devices over connection server.

Is there any solution for this problem or I would need to change my solution that uses the teradici zero clients?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JackMac4
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

With Horizon 6.2 just released it should work with RDS for USB storage devices over the client drive redirection channel, but devices still don't work I believe.

---- Jack McMichael | Sr. Systems Engineer VMware End User Computing Contact me on Twitter @jackwmc4
0 Kudos