VMware Horizon Community
SteveWMedcentra
Contributor
Contributor

USB redirection error-View client and portal

Hello,

I'm currently receiving an error when trying to use any USB scanning device within the View client or portal. I receive the error after clicking on the device from the "Connect USB Device" within the View client. The error reads " Unable to forward "device name" device. Device may be in use by another application". I also never receive a prompt to install device drivers for the device. I have tried several ways to try and get these devices to work but all have failed. I have also upgraded the client and agent version from 3.0.1 to 3.1.1 and I'm still receiving the error. MY VPC is running Windows XP SP2 and I'm able to get the USB redirection to work with printers and various other USB devices. The scanners I have tried have been a Fujitsu 4120, BIZ card reader, and a AuthenTec BioMetrics finger print scanner. I have attached a copy of the error and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
rocker77
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

I have revieved same error message. Did you resolve this issue?

Roman

0 Kudos
Eldron01
Contributor
Contributor

I too am having the same poblem. I try to attach a Kodak i40 scanner. This happens with Thin Client gt7720's and regular Windows XP desktops. I can restart the client, or unplug and plug back in the scanner, and it works. I am trying to get this to work without requiring the user to manually interact with their hardware.

0 Kudos