VMware Horizon Community
JoeDDfS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

USB redirection - disable specific device

Hello,

I have issue with mapping usb devices. I want View Client automatically mapping P&P USB devices, except specific (e.g.USB modem). Is there any option in AD GPO settings, setting of View Manager etc?

Many thanks

JZ

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

JZ You can acheive this by creating whitelists / blacklists and then allowing what you want here are some examples.

On Client side:

ClassFilters:

1.       Set the value for ClassFilters as ‘-‘, this will filter out all devices. Which means all the devices will not be redirected to guest.

1.png

2.       Set the value for ClassFilters contains CLASSGUID, this will filter out the devices in the specific class, which means only the devices in the specific class will be blocked.

2.png

AllowHardwareIDs:        (Write list)

If set MULTI_SZ value HKLM\SOFTWARE\VMware, Inc.\VMware VDM\USB\AllowHardwareIDs contain the Hardware ID for a specifc device, this will filter in the specific device, which means the device with this ID will be redirected to guest.

e.g. Vid_0E0F&Pid_0001

3.jpg

HardwareIDFilters: (Blacklist)

If set MULTI_SZ value HKLM\SOFTWARE\VMware, Inc.\VMware VDM\USB\HardwareIDFilters contain the Hardware ID for a specific device, this will filter out the specific device, the device will NOT appear in View Client menu list, and will not be redirected to Guest.

e.g. Vid_0E0F&Pid_0001

4.jpg

On Agent side:

HardwareIDFilters (Blacklist)

If set MULTI_SZ value HKLM\SOFTWARE\VMware, Inc.\VMware VDM\USB\HardwareIDFilters contain the Hardware ID for a specific device, this will filter out the specific device. The device will appear in View Client menu list, but if click it, error msg pops up to prompt that it cannot be redirected.

5.jpg

How to check device ID?

Device Manager -> Device Properties -> Details -> Hardware Ids

6.jpg

JoeDDfS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello wponder,

many thx it helped to me, but your tip to disable specific device for redirection using GLASSGUID not work. From client side i took glassguid and write it to virtual desktop registry but device is still shown in available devices.. where i am doing mistake??

JZ

0 Kudos